Friday, October 14, 2022

Sydney, Cape Breton, Nova Scotia, Canada...

It was a foggy sail in to Sydney this morning, just as well, I was running a bit behind. I actually overslept…  That just doesn’t happen with me, either I have a defective alarm clock or I just really, really needed some rest.  Maybe it was the effects of yesterday afternoon amazing massage with my masseuse Chi. Anyway, I woke up at 7:30 with an 8:00 arrival, I immediately went into speed mode and was still the first Guest of the ship…  I even had breakfast!  Our friend Laura and her sister Bobbi picked me up at ship and we headed to the Cabot Trail.  The Cabot Trail in the Cape Breton Highlands is the perfect backdrop in any photographer’s dreams. This area has a rugged coastal landscape to towering highland vistas. Our focus of this trip was to make it to the area known as, Chéticamp with its rich traditions of Acadian and Gaelic settlers are woven throughout the landscape. Chéticamp,is a traditional Acadian fishing village situated along the picturesque Cabot Trail, nestled between the highlands of Cape Breton Island and the waters of the Gulf of St. Lawrence.  It is also where Laura & Bobbi’s father was born.  I can’t believe how many Poiriers there are in that town.  Laura & Bobbi were running into relatives all over the place.  The colors today were nothing less than spectacular!!!  We got back to the ship just in time for all aboard.  Thanks again Laura for your generous hospitality and we will see you again in Fort Lauderdale this winter.  Since we were fogged in during our sail in this morning, and I was asleep, I decided to take a number of photos as we sailed away from Cape Breton on our way to Halifax, Nova Scotia.  I really over did it on photos, I believe I’m posting around 175 photos, hang on for a long read…















































































































































































1 comment:

  1. Great photos…In the words of a maritimer…You did right good and the pictures are some nice!

    ReplyDelete