Saturday, October 8, 2022

Quebec City, Quebec, Canada...

Today was nice to once again visit Quebec City…  The downside was that it was time for Ann & Cathy to debark the ship, for now, and return home to complete their move.  We will miss them and await their return in December.  As for me, it was off to see the Old city of Quebec… I hooked up the shuttle that took me to Terminal 22 and headed out from there…  Old Quebec is an amazing place, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, with great views from every angle.  For all its 400 years of incredible history, it’s still very much alive. Full of charming little streets and local shops, Old Québec is best visited on foot. I wandered to streets, capturing photos at so many familiar sights, making my way to the Château Frontenac Hotel, Québec City’s most famous landmark is also the most photographed hotel in the world…  I took a stroll along Dufferin Terrace for a magnificent view of the St. Lawrence River and Château Frontenac. I couldn’t believe the abundance of color from across the river as I walked along…  I snapped many beautiful photos!  I followed the terrace to the end and climbed many flights of stairs up to the Plains of Abraham. On September 13, 1759, the giant urban park (being set up for Canada Day celebrations) known as the Plains of Abraham was the site of the famous Battle of Québec, the confrontation that decided Canada’s fate when the French lost the city to the British. I made my way back towards Old Quebec visiting the Citadel de Québec. At the top of the famous Cap Diamant lies the biggest British fortress in North America. Built by the British between 1820 and 1850 to defend the city.  I walked by the Saint Louis Gate to Château Frontenac and came upon many old picturesque buildings and restaurants with lush flowerboxes in the windows and brightly colored shutters. Starting my decent to the lower old Quebec and again came upon Rue du Petit‑Champlain, a narrow cobblestone street with colorful signs and quaint shops and neck breaking steps makes it the most photographed street in Québec City’s historic sector. I stopped at Place-Royale to visit the Notre Dame de Victoria church before making our way back to the ship…  It was a beautiful but very frigid day in Quebec City…  My hands were frozen…  A nice 75-minute Swedish massage later in the afternoon made every right with the world…  What a great day!!!!





















































































































No comments:

Post a Comment