Friday, October 21, 2022

Port Canaveral, Florida...

I had a very simple plan for Port Canaveral….  Got into the terminal, hook up some good Wi-Fi, update my PC, my Kindle and both iPhones and catch some rays…  I didn’t feel the need to go to far afield today, having had a career at Lockheed Martin and living in Orlando for a few years, this was like going home.  The plan went perfectly, took a few photos around the ship and out to some of the Cape Canaveral facilities and relax.  The day was just great, got to visit with friends, soaked up a lot of sun and just loved every minute.  Once, I was done, went to my room, downloaded the photos I took, was ready to hop into the shower when the Captain announced some cool things to see as we departed Cape Canaveral, including recovered SpaceX Falcon 9 hanging by a crane…  So, off I went and took a bunch of photos of the sail away and a lot of the Space Center… Tomorrow, Fort Lauderdale, beginning the Caribbean season….






































































2 comments:

  1. Great pictures. I’ve been lucky enough to go to Cape Canaveral twice and even luckier to see them shoot off one of the Shuttles. Very noisy but with an experience. Enjoy the Caribbean, the sun, the Sand And just the experience

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, a shuttle launch was a sight to behold with the ground under your feet shaking…. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete