Monday, October 3, 2022

Bar Harbor, Maine....

It is Fall weather for sure, a very cool crisp morning gradually warming up throughout the day. We had an early morning arrival to Bar Harbor. So, I was up before sunrise to catch our sail in then we caught the first tender to town. We did our usual jaunt along the harbor front from the town pier to beyond the Bar Harbor Inn…the frost has taken its toll on the flower gardens, but I was able to salvage a few shots before the hotel landscapers pulled the flowers in preparation for winter. Talked to my optometrist office this morning about replacing the lens that I lost yesterday. Cathy made a trip back to the ship to retrieve my glasses. While Cathy was gone, I scoped out the Post Office and the glasses have been mailed home. It was a lovely day walking along the shore and through the town.  We stopped for a snack at the bakery and decided to return to the ship before the crowds started heading back. It was a beautiful Fall Day in Bar Harbor. I was able to get a shot of the Egg Rock Lighthouse at sail away.  Another wonderful day on the Nieuw Statendam… that is of course, if the internet allows this blog to post.

































































































No comments:

Post a Comment