Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Zuiderdam MegaVoyage 2018-2019, Cartagena, Colombia











































































Well….  Another glorious day!  It’s getting to the point where I would like a horrible day to break the monotony (Not!).  We sailed into Cartagena very early in the morning and I, uncharacteristically, killed my 0530 wakeup and slept in…..  you may see more of that as I keep repeating these ports….  The jury is still out for tomorrow’s 0630 entering the Gatun Locks…  Anyway, I had my standard day here on the Zuiderdam for Cartagena, sit on the deck all day, got into the terminal area briefly for a photo stop to capture the beautiful birds and other critters.  Cartagena is so historical you can help but get caught up in the stunning old world Spanish architecture in the Cathedrals, magnificent structures and fortresses.  The day was perfect, very hot (90+ F), nice breeze and beautiful sail out of the harbor….  Loving it here!  Oh, by the way….  Thought I had seen it all….  I am so impressed with Captain Wouter van Hoogdalem in the way he is so connected with the guests and how he is everywhere on the ship checking it’s condition…..  He can be frequently seen climbing up ladders and discussing the ship with fellow officers….  Today, while I was walking, I saw him climbing up a ladder and low and behold, right behind him was the Hotel Director, Darren Lewis…..now, you don’t see that every day, great teamwork!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment