Monday, December 17, 2018

Zuiderdam MegaVoyage 2018-2019, Ft. Lauderdale





















Well, I’m back in Ft. Lauderdale, preparing to start my 4th voyage on the wonderful Zuiderdam.  I wasn’t going anywhere today so I was just going through Immigration in the terminal and coming back to the ship….  I’m happy to report that the process was much smoother this time thanks to Claes De Groot, Guest Services Manager working with the shore operations….  Well, the major surprise of the day was my friends Ann & Cathy Scott joining for the Christmas cruise, along with Laura & Bobbie Poirer.  Great way to start a new cruise….  My plans for this voyage will certainly change for the better….  Off we go!

3 comments:

  1. Jeff, are you sporting a HAL staff name tag? I can make out your name in a few photos, but it is unclear to me if the crew has granted you a tittle as well? We really enjoy your blog btw!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Jeff...
    Guess there's an advantage to booking many back-to-back cruise segments because you get to meet new travelers on each cruise.
    On the other hand... repeatedly going thru Ft. Lauderdale and starting again must be like the movie 'Groundhog Day'; seems like wasted time, repeatedly walking the port yards there. Does HAL require you to exit the ship before they take on a new boat load of passengers? If you can stay aboard, that might be a better choice.
    Curious, what do you think?
    T&C

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to get off each time and go through Immigration, in the USA

      Delete