Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Zuiderdam MegaVoyage 2018-2019, Grand Turk, Turks & Caicos


A late morning sail in gave us time for breakfast before we toured Grand Turk. The ladies and I rented a van for a tour of the capital island of Turks and Caicos. The weather was a perfect backdrop to the miles of pristine white sand beaches and clear blue waters. Our driver pointed out the highlights and we made a short stop for souvenir shopping in downtown area.  Things have improved considerably since our visit to Grand Turk last Christmas...On our previous visit to Grand Turk, only two stores survived the devastation from two back to back hurricanes in 2017....There has been and continues to be a lot rebuilding on the island. Our next stop was the Grand Turk lighthouse for photos. On our return to the ship we made a quick stop at the salt ponds to see the flamingoes. Once back at the cruise port the ladies stopped for Wi-Fi and shopping, I headed to the pool….   Another nice day in paradise….. Editorial note:  My friend Barry Smythe suggested I put the text first....  I'll give it a try, let me know what you think!





























































 

6 comments:

  1. Thank you Jeff for all the wonderful pictures of the ports and the scenery. I am glad you like theZuiderdam, I loved it along with all the other HAL ships I have been on.

    I very much like the text at the beginning of the day's blog. It lets you know what's in the pictures before you go through them. Keep it up.

    I hope you have a lovely Christmas and New Year on the high seas.

    thanks again, Nora

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prefer your commentary first. A perfect lead-in to the photos.
    Great to see the Scott sisters back onboard. The best-dressed ladies deserve some Gala Night photos on this blog! Hint, hint!

    Merry Christmas to you, Jeff, and all the ladies. Best wishes for a continued wonderful adventure in the New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jeff, I would 2nd Barry's thought on the text first - it rather sets the stage for the photos. Many thanks!! Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Text first is a good move..... easier to copy your text and then go to "speech" text, while viewing the photos from top to bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the comments first. Jeff, I will be on the Oosterdam March 30 and we make a stop at Grand Turk. Can you provide the contact info for your driver? Thank you for all of your efforts to blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a dispatcher at the exit that handles that

      Delete