Tuesday, November 8, 2022

Ocho Rios, Jamaica...

Today wasn’t one of my favorite ports…  I always come away feeling a bit exhausted when I visit Jamaica, they are in your face from the time you step off the ship until you get back on.  Either they want to take you on a tour or want to sell you drugs…  You can turn down a tour and then the guy standing next to him will give you the same pitch.  I do meet some really nice people along the way which helps me keep my sanity.  Anyway, I got off the ship and went for a nice long photo safari.  I first hit the Fisherman’s Village where I checked out the beach and boat areas, snapping photos as I walked.  Next up was the Island Village, a collection of bars, restaurants and shops.  It even included Margaritaville.  Then continuing into town, I stopped at the Turtle River Park for some flowers and critters…  Then it was back on the road into town where I ended my journey with an extended visit to the Ocho Rios Craft Market…  The gauntlet was unrelenting, I was lucky to get out of there in one piece.  Apparently, it is mandatory that you go inside each and every shop… Then I headed back to the ship to relax in the hot, steamy sun…  I did go out for photos as we sailed away from Ocho Rios.  We ae now sailing to Georgetown, Grand Cayman.  I’m thinking about a day onboard, I need the rest and a tender port isn’t appealing at the moment, other visits will be coming up in the near future…  Despite the challenges, I had a great day…


















































































































No comments:

Post a Comment