Saturday, November 5, 2022

Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Today found us back in Fort Lauderdale where one cruise ended, and another begins…  I will sound like a broken record after a while…  I was sad to see my friends Corina & Fred leave, they were flying back to the Netherlands…  Hope to see them again somewhere on another Holland America Line ship.  So, how did my day start?  Glad you asked…  The mindless exercise that we go through to achieve zero count just boggles my mind.  I’d like to meet the individual in Fort Lauderdale who came up with this brilliant strategy to have all these guests (old folks), who went through US Immigration yesterday and are continuing sailing to get off the ship, form a line or take a chair, and once everyone does it, we can go back on… It’s frustrating because some guests hide or just think the rules don’t apply to them, so they don’t leave the ship, which begins a big search to find them.  So, we all wait until everyone is found and zero count is achieved… What we accomplish is beyond me.  Anyway, really looking forward to doing more of that in the future.  This week, we have another new itinerary, Half Moon Cay, Ocho Rios, Jamaica, Grand Cayman and Bimini, Bahamas…  Looking forward to some more nice, sunny weather…


















































No comments:

Post a Comment