Wednesday, November 9, 2022

Georgetown, Grand Cayman...

So, this morning we arrived at beautiful Grand Cayman under overcast skies…  I decided yesterday that I wasn’t going ashore today and with 3 ships in, that’s not a bad decision.  Many of you may be aware that I used to come and stay in Grand Cayman on vacations when I was working…  I loved it so much that my retirement plan was to spend winters on Seven Mile Beach in Grand Cayman.  The best laid plans were blown up by Hurricane Ivan that just ravaged Grand Cayman in 2004, the year I retired.  I happened to be on a cruise to Bermuda at the time and, knowing that my winter plans were gone, I just kept sailing.  I still like Grand Cayman but the island that existed before Hurricane Ivan is history…  Anyway, I digress…  The stop today was pretty short and that factored into my decision.  We had a 2;30 all aboard which is a bit early.  We come back here a couple of times, including when my sister Lisa and her husband Jim join the Scott sisters and me in March and the stop is much longer…  The overcast skies today eventually gave way to sunshine, so I had a lovely, relaxing day aboard the Nieuw Statendam…  Now, we have a day at sea tomorrow, followed by Bimini…
































No comments:

Post a Comment