Wednesday, November 2, 2022

Amber Cove, The Dominican Republic...

I was out very early this morning for our sail into Amber Cove, the Dominican Republic…  It looked like some angry skies as I went out on the upper decks this morning, fortunately it didn’t amount to anything, it was a beautiful day.  The sail into Amber Cove is always lovely, lush mountainsides and beautiful scenery at every turn.  I even saw Royal Caribbean’s Mariner of the Seas sailing in the distance to the Dominican Republic.  This morning was going to be a bit more interesting since the Carnival Mardi Gras was due in an hour after our arrival.  This is Carnival’s newest and biggest ship with a maximum capacity of 6500 guests and about 2000 crew.  It even has a roller coaster…  unbelievable!  Once we were docked and cleared, I headed for shore to get to a nice vantage point to catch the Mardi Gras saining in…  That is one big ship, way too big for me…  I’m sure it’s perfect for many but this old dog likes something a wee bit smaller.  I had a lovely time in Amber Cove and when I was ready, it was back to the ship for a day of hot sunny weather…  It was a great day which will be capped off with dinner in the Tamarind with friends…  Tomorrow, we have a day at sea
























































































No comments:

Post a Comment