Friday, November 11, 2022

Bimini, The Bahamas...

Today I went out early in the morning, hoping it wasn’t pouring rain….  The weather forecasts for today at Bimini didn’t look good, high probably of rain during the day.  I made plans to go ashore this morning with two new friends, Barbara & Mary Lou, sisters from Canada…  No, Ann & Cathy haven’t been replaced but new friends are always welcome…  They would all get along well and probably gang up on me.  I'm beginning to think they travel in packs...  Anyway, there were threatening clouds in the area in the early hours, but rain never became an issue.  So, after waiting forever for the Bermuda Immigration Officials to arrive and clear the ship, Barbara, Mary Lou and I set out to explore Bimini…  Our plan, similar to when Ann, Cathy and I first visited in the Spring, was to rent a golf cart and explore the island.  This was, in fact, their first visit.  As a plus, Mary Lou in quite the good photographer so I lent her one on my cameras (I brought 4) to take photos as we explored the island.  She definitely has a good eye and all the best photos in the blog today were probably taken by her, she actually knows how to use a camera, I just push a button…  OK, maybe I had the odd good one.  We first headed toward Alice Town all the way to the end of the island and then made our way back and into the other end, down towards Bimini Resorts World.  I even got a lesson in Conch harvesting.  We made it back to the ship around lunch time and spent the rest of the afternoon relaxing in the Retreat….  Great day!!!!
































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment