Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Zuiderdam MegaVoyage 2018-2019, Nanortalik, Greenland, Part 1 of 3

A very cool and foggy start to the day... I was very concerned about the weather because I had booked a very expensive ($600) 4-hour boat ride up the Tasermiut Fjord because of its dramatic scenery and high mountains…  I was really depressed for the first hour of the  4 hour boat cruise as it was totally socked in with fog...then just like yesterday the fog cleared and it was absolutely beautiful and the scenery was stunning. The boat cruise up the Tasermiut Fjord is well known for its spectacular beauty...with its sky-high mountains reflecting in the still waters of the fjord. We travelled to the inner ice cap and stepped ashore for a walk on the Sermitsiaq Glacier, a receding one...the sites were breathtaking! After the weather cleared, I was so glad I took this ship tour...it was a perfect venue to photograph what Greenland is all about.  Once again, I took well over 1000 photographs…  Before and after the boat trip, I toured the town of Nanortalik to take life in Greenland. I loved the wild flowers that seem to blanket the town, just lovely!  Sail in out of Nanortalik we could see the numerous icebergs and whales swimming alongside of the ship...just when you think things can’t get better, we had another great day in Greenland.  I think I liked this day for photography as well as any I have experienced…  just stunning.













































































No comments:

Post a Comment