Sunday, July 21, 2019

Zuiderdam MegaVoyage 2018-2019, A Mariner event to remember....

Today I was totally stunned when the Captain, Bart Vaartjes and Hotel Director, Darren Lewis, at the end of the Mariner Ceremony, asked me as the top Mariner to join them along with Ann & Cathy Scott on stage for a photo….  I thought this was a bit strange since they normally call up Ann & Cathy as the top Platinum Mariners to come up for a photo first before calling me up last.  We got up on stage with Bart & Darren and someone said to me turn around and I was just gobsmacked!  It seemed as if the majority of the officers and crew magically appeared onstage behind us…  Just stunned!!!!  They all stood there clapping as “We are family” played in the background….  I will never forget this moment when the Officers and Crew of the Zuiderdam came out to recognize us in this beautiful manner….  It was just like the crew fills the stage at the end of a Grand Voyage to say goodbye….  These folks mean the world to me and truly are part of our family….  I’m still overcome with such an incredible sense of joy and gratitude that words cannot describe.  As I’ve said many times “Loving every day on the ms Zuiderdam”.  I want to thank all the Officers and Crew for making this 8 ½ month a truly memorable journey….  But wait, we aren’t quite done yet…  bring on Greenland, home of my birth!







4 comments:

  1. That was awesome! Really glad they showed their appreciation for you and how much you enjoy the ship and the staff. Enjoy Greenland!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeff,

    Well deserved! You are a passionate cruiser and have been for a lot of years and a lot of miles. Many thanks for sharing.

    Bill and Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a special touch! This has truly been an unforgettable time of exploration, adventure, and “family!” You will forever smile every time you remember your Zuiderdam Family! We are so happy to hear they were able to send you home with such a loving surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jeff....
    Bravo!! Superb adventure!!
    Thank you for sharing so many wonderful photographs as well as the extensive narratives. Allot of time went into your complete descriptions.
    What's up for your Fall/winter departure?
    T&C

    ReplyDelete