Thursday, March 16, 2023

Grand Turk, Turks & Caicos...

Today was our final port of call on our wonderful couple of months on the Rotterdam.  At dinner last night, the Captain mentioned that he would get into Grand Turk well ahead of schedule, around 2:00 am to avoid the forecasted very high winds…  He did a great job, the winds made it seem as if we were sailing through rough seas despite being docked.  I got off the ship to get in a walk and sure enough, it was very windy and a bit cold.  We even had a bit of rain from time to time.  Once I was back on the ship, I joined Ann & Cathy in the Grand Dutch Café where we spent the remainder of the day doing tour planning for our European Voyages in 2024.  It was a very productive day….  Better than using a bright, sunny day.  So, now we are off to Fort Lauderdale where we will transfer over to the Nieuw Statendam and join up with my sister Lisa and her husband Jim…  Should be great!  This will be the first time my sister has entered “My World”.










































1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the continued updates and great pictures and narratives! It helps with the winter blues seeing these great pictures. Hope the transfer goes well and enjoy the time with your Sister!! I am sure she will enjoy your world a lot :)

    ReplyDelete