Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Oranjestad, Aruba...

Today, again we waited for the crowds to die down before leaving the ship. Once off the ship, we followed the regular route through downtown along the waterfront promenade to the Renaissance Hotel complex looking for iguanas, pelicans and other creatures…there were quite a few iguanas this morning. We stopped at Starbucks for a coffee and to update our phones. Next, we went to the Tommy Bahama store, and I found two very nice shirts to add to my collection. As I went to pay, I discovered my wallet with my credit cards and ship identification was gone. Cathy and I retraced our steps searching all the places we had stopped but no wallet was to be found. Returning to the ship was easier than I anticipated as Shoreside Security had the full Rotterdam passenger manifest. I proceeded directly to Guest Services to report the loss. Then came the arduous task of notifying the credit card companies without knowing any of the credit card details. Fortunately, we have a friend in the Fort Lauderdale area to have the replacement cards delivered to. Not 10 minutes after notifying the credit card companies of my loss, I received a message from Guest Services that my wallet had been found by an honest soul and it was turned over to Shoreside Security. Good news, however, it was a bit too late…  I was unable to reverse my lost Credit Card report and retain my original Cards. Some days are more challenging than others…While I was dealing with the paperwork, Cathy and Ann returned to town and bought the two shirts as an early birthday gift. Following the wallet incident, I spent the remainder of the afternoon in the Retreat. It was beautiful weather in Aruba today….









































































1 comment: