Saturday, February 11, 2023

Basseterre, Saint Kitts...

The Cruise and Travel Directors’ morning announcements that the ship was cleared woke me up so no sail in photos today. I was off and running at 8:30, plenty of time to explore Basseterre.  Another busy day in Basseterre with three ships in. After walking to the Berkeley Monument Clock, at the town traffic circle and up to St George’s Anglican Church.  Decided to take a detour into the residential section of town, talking with a couple of locals. I took a different route and went along the water, stopping at the public market with lots of locals out on this fine Saturday. I even ran into some folks I chatted with on my last visit…  Then onto to the St. Kitts War Memorial at the north end of Basseterre…The memorial is an obelisk shape monument dedicated to the local veterans lost in World War 1 and 2. The views were nice across the bay. I returned to town and the ship spending the remainder of the day in the Retreat. The strong winds subsided, and it was a beautiful day in Retreat and St. Kitts.





























































































No comments:

Post a Comment