Thursday, February 9, 2023

Bridgetown, Barbados...

 I intentionally did not get up early for sail-in today, I need the rest…. Although, I was awakened by the 8am announcement that the ship had been cleared. I went ashore just before 9am and walked to town along the waterfront and Boardwalk to the Chamberlin Bridge. Today, I crossed the pedestrian bridge over to the Independence Arch and to Independence Park…. I had a good view of the National Hero’s Square and the Parliament Buildings and tried to visit the Parliament Buildings, but it was open to advance scheduled tours. I walked down to check out the beaches at the Boatyard and Lobster Alive before turning around and heading back into town. I continued to wander around the busy downtown area, I found the flower lane wall art just down the street from Mutual Life Assurance Society Building, the lovely Victorian building cast-iron grillwork. Another day of intermittent rain showers and busy day at the port with 4 ships. I achieved my two goals for the morning, over 5 miles walking and some photos of Barbados...  Great morning! The remainder of the day was spent in the Retreat dodging rain showers. We were notified of a second itinerary change on our upcoming Zuiderdam cruise…this is becoming a daily event…  The deployment team didn’t do enough homework I guess….



















































































No comments:

Post a Comment