Monday, December 16, 2013

San Francisco, California

I arrived into the port of San Diego this morning aboard the ms Statendam….  It was sad to leave this ship, the crew were so fabulous….  I will miss them.  Anyway, it was off to the airport where I hung out at the United Airlines Club for a couple of hours thanks to David Allen of shore ops.  I got all my computers updated and relaxed until my flight was ready.  I arrived early into San Francisco, a city I haven’t been to since 1968.  I took a taxi to the hotel in Fisherman’s wharf, dropped my bags and set out to see a bit of San Francisco.  I walked first up to Coit Tower because of the great views…  Unfortunately, Coit Tower is closed, bummer!!!  Anyway, I set off and walked along The Embarcadero checking out the sights.  The Fisherman’s Wharf area is pretty interesting.  I also had a great view of Alcatraz….  Nice day, one more day here before getting back on the ms Amsterdam…..  going home!

 

5 comments:

  1. Jeff, what are your plans for tomorrow in the City? I can recommend a few things....Golden Gate Park......maybe a tour to the redwoods (quite a ways north) or.....take BART train out to points east like Walnut Creek......lots of open spaces and colorful trees. I'd like to say that the Captain of the Statendam went out of his way to accomodate a late arriving flight today.....not normal.. but appreciated by our crew. Everyone aboard by 7:10 pm ...and Bart couldn't belive that I was still there.
    David

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeff, Would you let me know your plans for Wednesday? Paul wants to meet you personally.
    David

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was planning on boarding around 10:00 am. I am cleared for an early embark, probably will be checked in at the front desk. Call if you have a chance, do you still have my number from the 4th?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been following your travels for several years and pictures are fabulous! The San Francisco pictures brought back many memories--my late husband and I honeymooned there almost 50 years ago. Looking forward to the World Voyage.

    ReplyDelete