Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Day 8 Mazatlán. Mexico (Part 1 of 2)

Today was a very interesting, we had a lovely sail into the port of Mazatlán.  I decided to go into town, visit the Cathedral, markets, fishing boats and whatever came my way.  I was the first one off the ship and set out on my own to explore Mazatlán, a place I have visited a number of times.  Along the way, I crossed paths with the Secretaria de Turismo de Sinaloa, Dr. Francisco Manuel Cordova Celaya.  He agreed to take me around Mazatlán for the rest of the day.  We had a wonderful visit and he shared with me a lot of the work that has been done to improve the safety & security of tourist in Mazatlán.  He should know, he was the Secretaria de Securidad Publica de Sinaloa and was responsible for cutting down the crime in Mazatlán.  They have worked very hard on cutting the crime and have made great progress.  Incidents are now the exception rather than the rule.  We spent a wonderful day together and I even had an opportunity to have lunch with he and his lovely wife.  Once again, I have taken so many photos that I have decided to post two blogs, here is part 1 of 2.

 

1 comment:

  1. Would love to hear from the Secretario de Tourism on how he liked my blog. (email please, lost the card)

    ReplyDelete