Sunday, December 1, 2013

Day 69 At Sea

The great weather prediction for today never came to pass….  I was able to sit in the sun for a while but, not long enough.  I took the opportunity when the rains came to do some serious packing.  Making progress but lots more to do.  I have to pack for my voyage on the Statendam and pack everything else that I won’t take with me.  This dry dock does create a little bump in the road compared with my normal get on the ship and stay for 7 months.  Tonight we had a wonderful dinner in the Pinnacle Grill.  I dined with Brad, Gloria and our special guest, our friend Rene who is the Spa Manager.  It was a wonderful evening….

 

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Jeff....
    Continuing to enjoy you fantastic photos. You have a good 'composition' eye. Have you ever been aboard the Statendam? The 2013 Berlitz cruise ship book Amsterdam vs. Statendam comparison shows an overall 1,537 (vs. 1390) score, and 4 (vs. 3+) overall Rating. The 'Food' comparison score is 281-out-of-400 vs. 247/400. It will be interesting to get your personal comparisons. But, being the 'Mariner' you are..... suspect you will not post observed differences. Despite all this, you will thoroughly enjoy your time aboard. The deck time 'sun' will be with you. Enjoy. BTW, what dry dock work is in store for the Amsterdam? When you return to your fav 'home', have you chosen the same stateroom? Have fun!
    T&C

    ReplyDelete