Saturday, December 14, 2013

Day 11 At Sea

We had a beautiful day at sea….  When I first decided to go out to the pool very early this morning the doors were blocked due to high winds…..  Not an optimistic start for my day in the sun.  By 8:30 the doors were open and the day poolside began.  It was an absolutely beautiful day and by the time we were sailing past Cabo San Lucas the wind was gone.  I spent all day there and it was very relaxing.  Tonight is the last formal night so I am staying in….  left all my fancy duds on the Amsterdam.  I have decided that tonight will be a good time to pack.  This voyage has been wonderful, the staff and crew have been fantastic.  I feel a little sad that I will be leaving but very excited to join my Amsterdam family in San Francisco….

 

1 comment:

  1. FWIW..the Statendam always seems to lock its outside doors with any bit of higher than normal winds--get out that yellow close the doors ribbon in front of the doors...we were on her for 56 days Jan-Mar roundtrip Ft Laud Canal-Hawaii-Tahiti and it seemed like every early morning before sunrise I'd try to get out there to get some before sunrise pics and the doors were locked EXCEPT on the Navigation deck for the smokers ..thought maybe it was Capt Franz's doing but he retired at the end of our cruise... just got off the Maasdam 42 days Europe and it doesn't adhere to that policy...

    ReplyDelete