Sunday, December 8, 2013

Day 4 La Paz, Mexico (part 1 of 2)

What an amazing day!!!!  I went on a tour with two other guests, Helene & Michael, who set up a tour to swim with Whale Sharks & Sea Lions….  It was one of the most amazing experiences I have ever done.  Whale sharks are immense!  We were swimming with just juveniles…  just juveniles, 20-25 feet with a huge mouth that could swallow me whole.  They got so close that they were in arms reach.  I kept an eye on the tale at all times, one sat with that thing could have ruined my day.  They feed on copper pots and are almost vertical when feeding.  They are a sight to behold…  If they aren’t already on your bucket list then you should consider it.  And then it was off to the sea lions.  Swimming with them was also a treat.  They swim so fast that is hard to keep track of them.  They swim right up to an inch from your face at a high rate of speed before veering off very quickly.  Both experiences where simply amazing!  This are itself is truly a wonder in itself with the scenic beauty.  In part two you’ll see what I mean!

 

2 comments:

  1. Jeff, Are you kidding me????? There is no way you can top swimming with the whales and sea lions!!!!! You and your pictures are just wonderful. I am very impressed with these pictures....A bit frightening...Just when I think I have seen you do something amazing.....you go and top it! Beachlady

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! You got to have your swim adventure after all! It is very hard to photograph those zippy sea lions swimming, I've heard, so.... good job!!! Looks like great fun....now I really need to get up the road to LaPaz...
    Diana

    ReplyDelete