Thursday, December 5, 2013

Day 2 At Sea

As expected, I woke this morning to find cloudy skies and pretty chilly conditions.  What I didn’t count on was that the clouds would dissipate and I would have about 4 hours of  sun time.  I really enjoyed that time sitting out at the pool deck reading.  As I reported yesterday, I have been treated royally by the staff and crew of the Statendam.  Special thanks to Hotel Director Bert van Mackelenbergh for his extraordinary efforts to make my stay Grand…  He upgraded me to a suite which was unbelievable and I also received a pool towel with my name embroidered on it so I will be certain to find my chair…. So many thanks to Bert and his entire team…  Well done!  I am really loving it here….

 

1 comment:

  1. Bert van Mackelenbergh is an outstanding Hotel Director. He handled a problem we had on our last cruise so spectacularly well that we went from a conviction that we'd never sail on HAL again to booking a future cruise credit on the same cruise. He's creative and innovative, a real asset to Holland America.

    ReplyDelete