Tuesday, December 17, 2013

San Francisco, California Day 2

I woke to a very foggy San Francisco….  I went out and toured around trying to see what I could despite the weather.  At 11:30 I booked a cruise to the Golden Gate Bridge and around Alcatraz.  I assumed the fog would be gone by then but…  not the case.  I then walked to the Golden Gat Bridge (long walk) taking in the sights along the way.  I did get to see the ms Amsterdam as it departed San Francisco for it’s sea trials as it sailed under the Golden Gate Bridge… very nice!  I am very excited about getting back onboar the ms Amsterdam in the morning….
 

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful SF photos! I stayed there several days last May, and I really want to go back there some time in the future.
    I hope you will tell/show us a little bit of what has been done with Amsterdam during drydock?
    :-) Kirsti, Norway

    ReplyDelete
  2. your great pics of your cruise-tour of the GG and Alcatraz brought back some memories of days past.. April 1967 --my 'first cruise' it was FREE BTW :) in care of Uncle Sam.. as we set sail from Oakland Army Terminal across San Francisco Bay heading out under the GG Bridge and passing by Alcatraz island which already had closed about 4 years prior.. 22 days later we were in RVN
    http://stakeout.smugmug.com/Military/Vietnam/General-John-Pope-in-San/35461774_ZT9JXG

    ReplyDelete