Wednesday, December 4, 2013

2013 Sea of Cortez Voyage Day 1, San Diego

I have to say that today was a milestone….  I have never felt so welcome at an embarkation of a cruise ship.  It all started with David Allen from San Diego shore side ops who met me at my limo and walked me right on through security and arranged for my check in onboard.  I have dealt with David on a number of occasions on the West Coast and he is the best!  He handed me over to my old friend Bart who was the Culinary manager on the Amsterdam for a long time until he was promoted to Hotel Director and had to move to another ship.  In the first 20-30 minutes onboard I think I met almost all the staff from the Captain on down.  I found that there are a number of familiar faces.  What an amazing start!  They have really bent over backwards to make me feel at home…  they were extremely successful.  Life is good!  Onward to Cabo San Lucas!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment