Wednesday, September 13, 2023

The new Zaandam adventure has begun!!! Boston, Massachusetts

Well, the day had finally arrived to take the next big adventure so on Tuesday, the 12th, I flew from Philadelphia to Boston…  The flight was great, taxi to the Seaport Homewood Suites was smooth and my stay at the hotel, simply wonderful.  I went out and got some walking in on Tuesday evening and Wednesday morning which felt great.  Nice exercise and a chance to snap a photo or two with my iPhone.  My Uber picked me up at 10:00 am sharp and I was at the terminal 4 minutes later.  I was the first one to board the ship thanks to Vincent, our Group & Event Coordinator.  It was a relaxing day, meeting the Officers, getting unpacked and hitting a couple of cocktail parties…  never know when you need another diet coke.  I was a bit shocked, at the end of the day, I walked over 20,000 steps.  Good day!  This evening, we were about an hour late leaving and I decided to go out and snap a few photos, despite the darkness closing in and the rain coming down…  Nothing like a good challenge.  I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to see Fort Independence as we sailed away from Boston.  Today we got some news about our upcoming itinerary.  There were quite a few changes as a result of that pesky hurricane Lee…  Seems he wants to come for a visit.  It was disappointing, I had to cancel visits with friends along the way.  Here is the new itinerary:

Thursday September 14th Eastport, ME 9:00am to 4:00pm

Friday September 15th Halifax, Nova Scotia 9:00am to 5:00pm

Saturday September 16th Sydney, Nova Scotia 9:00am to 6:00pm

Sunday September 17th At Sea

Monday September 18th Corner Brooke, CA 8:00 to 11:00pm

The rest of the schedule remains the same….  Safety First, can’t be messing with Mother Nature

So, it’s great to be back onboard the Zaandam!  The adventure has begun!  The famous Scott Sisters will be boarding the ship in 11 days in Montreal...  




































2 comments: