Friday, September 22, 2023

Saguenay, Quebec, Canada...

I was up very early for the sail up the fjord to Saguenay, and I was delighted that it was not raining… That early in the morning it was pretty frigid out on the forward deck; my hands were freezing.  Being my fourth visit to the Saguenay Region, I was not surprised with the beautiful scenery that I encountered…The Saguenay River is the only fjord navigable by cruise ships in North America and offers many vistas.  Saguenay is a region of Quebec and also officially the new name of the six amalgamated towns of which the largest was called Chicoutimi. The actual port is in La Baie not far from Chicoutimi, the wharf is actually in the Baie de Ha! Ha!  As soon I left the ship, we were greeted by town locals in period costumes, dancing away…  They also had samples of maple syrup taffy which is simply wonderful…  I planned on a few thousand extra steps after eating the taffy.  The people of this area were so welcoming, friendly and helpful…  My plan initially was to walk around the Baie to the Ha! Ha! Pyramid but I got a bit distracted and went off on a floatplane for some flightseeing…  I had to pay double since it was a two-person minimum, but it was worth it!  Great views of the fjord, town and of course the Zaandam…  After my flight, I walked around the bay for about 3-4 miles and then turned around and headed back to the ship.  It was such a beautiful day; I needed a little time sitting in the sun.  The Saguenay Region, of Quebec is a beautiful area of Canada and well worth a visit. What a great, great day!!!!























































































































3 comments:

  1. Magnifque monsieur!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where are the sunrise and sunset along the fjord?
    Aussie shelagh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where are the sunrise and sunset along the fjord?
    Aussie sheila

    ReplyDelete