Monday, September 18, 2023

Corner Brook, Newfoundland, Canada...

For some strange reason, I couldn’t get to sleep last night… All Night!!!  To say I’m a bit tired is an understatement.  At 5:00am I sent a text to my friends Mike & Pauline cancelling my outing with them to Gros Morne National Park; tough call since I was hoping to catch a Moose of two….  I had turned my alarm off; but since I never went to sleep it really wasn’t necessary.  I got dressed at 6:30 to go out and take a few photos as we sailed into Corner Brook, Newfoundland…  Corner Brook is a city located on the west coast of the island of Newfoundland in the province of Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada. It is located on the Bay of Islands at the mouth of the Humber River.  Once we arrived into port, at that point I decided I wouldn’t get off the ship today, I just needed to sleep…  I went back to the cabin, got back into bed and maybe, just maybe I caught a 20-minute nap…  Oh well, I then decided I’d go out and take a walk…  My feet led the way and before you knew it, I was trekking my way up to the Captain James Cook National Historic Site, a little over two miles from the ship, high atop Crow Hill overlooking Corner Brook and our beloved Zaandam…  The Cook Monument is celebrating the survey done by Captain James Cook in 1776.  We were here in July and our taxi tour took us to the Cook monument but, it’s a lovely walk with lots of great exercise…  I made my way back down the hill and meandered back into town, exploring the downtown and market square before walking back to the ship.  I was really tired but a bit reinvigorated after walking about 8 miles…  This was by far the nicest day, weatherwise, that we’ve seen on this voyage.  The sun even popped out for a bit…  Think I’ll sit back and enjoy a Diet Coke and read a book…  Sleep will have to wait.










































































No comments:

Post a Comment