Monday, September 25, 2023

Quebec City, Quebec, Canada...

Another earl, very cool morning on the forward deck, capturing the scenery along the St. Lawrence River on our way into Quebec City. The winds were so strong that I had to go to the aft deck for shelter.  The views of Quebec City with the Château Frontenac dominating the cityscape is just incredible.  Upon arrival at Quebec City, I walked from the ship through Old Quebec, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and admired the view from every angle.  For all its 400 years of incredible history, it’s still very much alive. There were 4 ships in port today, so it was busy in the Old City. Full of charming little streets and local shops, Old Québec is best visited on foot. I hiked up to the upper city, where the Château Frontenac resides along a boardwalk.   The Château Frontenac Hotel, Québec City’s most famous landmark is also the most photographed hotel in the world, and I certainly did not miss the opportunity today to capture this iconic structure! Walking past the Château Frontenac Hotel, I hiked up to the Plains of Abraham and Citadel. I proceeded to make my way back towards Old Quebec walking along the walls of the Citadel de Québec. Instead of retracing my steps back along the Dufferin Terrace I basically meandered my way through the Old Town, admiring many of the old picturesque buildings and restaurants with lush window flower boxes decorated for fall. In the heart of Old Québec, today I took the time to wander through the beautiful European-style streets, to discover the over 400 years of history. With the fantastic views of the river and stunning vistas, the must-see Dufferin Terrace and the Château Frontenac make it feel like you've just stepped into a fairy tale. And then, the Citadel, the plains of Abraham, the Old Port, Place-Royale, Petit-Champlain and Parliament Hill. Quebec City is home to some of the most beautiful and historic architecture in Canada. The city is filled with cobblestone streets, old churches, and grand buildings. I would have stayed out longer but the high winds took their toll on me so I made my way back to the ship. Despite the wind, as always it was a great day in Quebec City.
































































































No comments:

Post a Comment