Thursday, September 14, 2023

Eastport, Maine...

Today, we sailed to Eastport, Maine on Moose Island…  It was a very, very foggy and rainy morning, I had totally given up on any prospect of sail in photos.  I was walking around the ship and looked outside and saw a magnificent lighthouse…  I ran outside and took a photo with my iPhone and ran to the cabin for my camera…  It was the East Quoddy Lighthouse and I thought it was magnificent!  Never thought it would clear up.  I got some lovely photos as we sailed in, even with remnants of fog and the continual drizzle of rain.  So, I was very excited as we arrived into Eastport for the first time…  Eastport is a town in the Down East region of Maine on Moose Island at the junction of Cobscook and Passamaquoddy Bays. A causeway connects the island to the mainland. Located directly on the U.S./Canada border between New England and the Atlantic Provinces and the most eastern point of the continental United States. I was in this general area, on the New Brunswick side last year with my friends Kevin & Gary when I visited with them.  When we were finally docked, I went ashore and it rained the entire time that I was ashore…  It was a pity, it’s a lovely little town.  Regardless of the weather, I really enjoyed my first time visit to Eastport, wouldn’t mind returning someday…  Loving my time on the Zaandam!














































































No comments:

Post a Comment