Saturday, September 16, 2023

Sydney, Cape Breton, Nova Scotia...

Well, I checked the weather forecast last night and it called for rain all day, 100% chance…  Based on that information, I didn’t set an alarm for the sail into Sydney Nova Scotia.  As luck would have it, I awoke early this morning, turned on the television and it wasn’t raining.  I got dressed, grabbed the camera and headed out….  What I found was heavy fog with some sprinkles of rain thrown in.  I did the best I could and when we docked, I wasn’t sure I would go into Sydney and fight the elements but, alas, I found myself hurrying off first thing….  I wasn’t sure what my gameplan was but I started heading down the boardwalk along the water and then headed into town.  Meander was the best way to descried what I ended up doing…  I went from one interesting statue to an interesting building to street art, whatever came next.  In the end, I ended up soaked to the bone, headed back to the ship for some warmth and a fresh set of dry clothes…  I spent the remainder of the day working on photos, visiting with Mike & Pauline and jumping up every time the sun appeared to be out, grabbing the camera only to discover it was a false alarm, in fact it was still raining.  It was a pleasant day aboard the Zaandam, loving the outstand service.  Conditions seem to have improved when we made our departure so I headed out to snap photos as we sailed away…  At the beginning of this voyage, I set me expectations very low because of the effects of hurricane Lee.  That was a very good strategy because it has all be upside so far…  Loving every day!!!

































































































1 comment:

  1. Just read your story. I too think cruising my life at sea sounds like a fantastic plan. I usually go Carnival but did the massive Oasis of the Sea ship and agree too big, too many people. My longest cruise was 17 day Panama Canal last year. Long cruises are much different than the typical 4-5, 7 day cruises. Happy I found your blog, I can't wait for ideas!

    ReplyDelete