Tuesday, December 13, 2022

Willemstad, Curaçao

I was up very early this morning to get my sail in photos approaching Curaçao…. We were late getting cleared today, so as soon as I could I got off the ship…   My plan was to go on a walkabout, catch a lot of photos, especially street art and meet Cathy at Aart and Ellen’s condo. I toured very little today in the Otrobanda area, reserving to short time I had on capturing the abundance of street art in the downtown Punda neighborhoods before heading to my good friends the Van Essen’s. Aart picked up Cathy at the pier gate at 9:30 and the went to the condo. I was not far behind them arriving just after 10 am to catch up, do some computer updates before we went to lunch at Mambo Beach. We had lunch at Hemingway’s in the Lionsdive Resort, a favorite local beachside restaurant…lovely tropical surroundings. After a great lunch, we returned to the condo, picked up our gear and Aart drove us back downtown…we meandered the streets of the Punda area of town before crossing the Queen Emma Pontoon Bridge from here we cut through the Rif Fort area headed for the ship. Tonight, Aart and Ellen joined us on the ship for lovely dinner in the Pinnacle Grill… We had a great time!!!  I will miss them so much.  It is always a pleasure to visit Willemstad, an example of a well-preserved Dutch colonial settlement; and be welcomed with such warm hospitality by Aart and Ellen. We will be returning to Curaçao over the winter but will miss seeing our friends as they with be traveling on the Zuiderdam for the 2023 World Cruise…wishing both Aart and Ellen a safe journey and good health and the best World Voyage ever!!!!








































































































































1 comment:

  1. It was a wonderful day, start to stop! Thanks for everything! Just sorry Ann couldn’t join us!

    ReplyDelete