Friday, October 15, 2021

San Francisco, California.... Day 2

Another glorious day in San Francisco….  My plan was to take it easy after walking over 17 miles yesterday.  I went out just before 8:00 and headed into town.  My intention was to check out the Hyde Street Pier, the Maritime National Historical Park….  When I got there, I saw it didn’t open until 10:00 so I kept going….  I told myself after the strenuous day of walking yesterday I wasn’t going to walk all the way to the Golden Gate Bridge and kept walking at the same time.  Sure enough, I kept telling myself that all the way to the bridge…  It was a great walk, very scenic and I took many photos of the bridge along the way.  I ran into John & Diane as I was making my way back and also ran into Gyl and Howard.  Made it back to the ship and the Retreat for some relaxing time in the sun.  It was just a fabulous day despite the 17.19 miles I walked….  Taking some Ibuprofen now!  The sail away this evening was beautiful….  San Francisco at night is pretty stunning.  Tonight, I have to study for my COVID-19 Rapid Antigen test tomorrow….  This will be a weekly event as we go along…  wish me well






































































5 comments:

  1. You are inspiring me to walk, walk, walk. I may use increased activity as an incentive to book myself a cruise sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to be seeing your amazing pics as your cruising days commence once again in a 'new' normality
    Looking forward to vicariously travelling along with you ��

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome updates of the first week! Thanks so much for all the awesome pictures and details, loving following along! Good Luck on the test tomorrow..study hard tonight :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agree with both of the above comments! Very fortunate to be able to follow your cruise with photos and blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great city to walk around,though unsure ifI could manage 17 miles��
    Appreciate the superb photos,reviving some wondeful memories

    ReplyDelete