Thursday, October 14, 2021

San Francisco, California.... Day 1

 San Francisco!  Always a great place to visit…  I first came here in the 60s when I was a Cadet at the Air Force Academy and have enjoyed each and every visit.  It's such a beautiful city and it's sad to witness the significant population of homeless people here...  just heartbreaking.  I was up very early this morning, going out (in the complete dark) at 5:15 am.  Tried the best I could to capture images of us sailing under the iconic Golden Gate Bridge…  It was quite a site!  Just keep snapping away as we made our way to Pier 27 where we will remain for the next two days.  I had not real plan for the day, just to walk along the waterfront through Fisherman’s Wharf and on past the Ghirardelli Square.  It’s such a scenic city.  I wanted to go up to Coit Tower, high above the city but was pretty sure it was closed to visitors.  Anyway, I really overachieved today, as I sit here, I have walked close to 16 miles for the day and the day isn’t over by a longshot.  This evening, I had a wonderful dinner in the Tamarind Restaurant followed my visiting and catching up with old friends.  I am posting a lot of photos, 88 I believe…  Hope you enjoy them….   Loving every day on the ms Koningsdam!


























































































5 comments:

  1. Jeff, great photos of the SF Bridge at sunrise!! The flowers are beautiful, as are all your viewpoints of the cruise. Good to have you back. Looking forward to your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photos are amazing...and we are thrilled...more than ever...that you are sharing your adventures with us again...!!! Thank you..!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jeff, Thank you for the beautiful early morning arrival of ship and sunrise. Love the picture of you with San Francisco in the background.
    Walking 16 miles, wow hope you packed extra sandals. Good thing there are sea days coming up. Glad you are happily settling back into the sea life and catching up with friends. Have a great day.
    BVH-Groton, Ct

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too love San Francisco and your pictures are exquisite! I'm envious of the 2 days you'll be spending in SF. One of my favorite cities, especially the wharf area.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year! I am back tracking reading or rereading your blog since I got a bit behind. Beautiful photos my favorites the boats. Best, Rosie

    ReplyDelete