Sunday, October 24, 2021

San Diego, California....

Back to San Diego…  I got up at 6:00 this morning to take photos as we sailed into San Diego…  Always lovely!  I really don’t know why I just don’t sleep in and get some needed rest but it’s just not in my DNA apparently.  This week, I decided to get off the ship and go for a walkabout, snap some photos and get some exercise….  The sisters were going shopping so I went off on my own.  I had a lovely walk up and down the waterfront.  I walked down to Seaport Village, catching the sights along the way.  The town was really buzzing with the Rock N Roll Marathon….  There was a huge throng of participants in both Half Marathons and the full Marathon.  Made traffic a bit dicey with street closures.  It was quite an event with lots of entertainment, food and beverages.  I really enjoyed my walk around San Diego but once I got back to the pier the fun stopped.  The government CBP people are dragging out the debarkation of the ship to the point where is just incredible.  I don’t know what their game is but it’s just stupid.  Holland America and Shore Operations are pretty helpless with the government calling the shots.  Unfortunately, many people will unjustly blame the cruise line….  Really irritates the hell out of me…  I went out for our sail away from San Diego and it was just beautiful…  Great day!












































































2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the awesome pictures! 2nd turn-a-round in the books, seems like it is going great! Thanks for the updates, looks great weather wise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jeff, Glad to see you've been having great weather and having a great time. Wonderful that the Scott sisters could join you for the remainder of the adventures. Been enjoying all your wonderful pictures. Thanks for sharing them and I hope the Captain can keep you in calm waters this week. Seems like we're having a Monsoon season across the country and the winds are 30-50 mph. Even the Golden Gate Bridge is humming loudly. Safe travels.
    BVH-Groton, Ct

    ReplyDelete