Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Avalon, Catalina Island...

 Our first port of call was Avalon, Catalina Island…  I’ve visited here in the past and always thought it to be a lovely place to visit.  I will be coming here a few times on the Koningsdam so I decided to pace myself…  Today, I was on the first tender ashore and had the town of Avalon all to myself in the early morning hours.  I decided to go for a nice 5-mile walk, snapping photos along the way.  The place is just as pretty as I remember it.  When the Scott sisters are here for the next visit, we will rent a golf cart for 2-3 hours and explore the island…  Once my walking and exploring was done, I headed back to the tender and went back to the ship.  Then it was off to the Retreat, a private Cabana area on the ship…  The rest of the day was spent relaxing in the sun, drinking Diet Coke and eating frozen grapes…  Manny, Jeffrey and Raymond, the Cabana staff are providing amazing service….  The is just an amazing start to what I know will be an adventure to remember…  We have a day at sea coming up with heavy seas and strong winds on our way to San Francisco….  San Francisco, here we come!
















































1 comment:

  1. Jeff, Avalon looks as though it has grown quite a bit. Since you will be there a few times and might run out of things to do...try the horseback riding trail if they still offer it. I did that years ago with my sons and it was interesting. You see a different part of Catalina.

    ReplyDelete