Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Koningsdam is Back!!!

 The Koningsdam is Back!!!!  After 19 months the Holland America Line Koningsdam is back in service, and I am so excited!!!  Today, I was picked up early at the hotel by the Limo that was sent to pick me up and take me to the pier to officially open up the Koningsdam for sailing again.  I was so honored when, weeks ago, I was asked to cut the ribbon to open up the Koningsdam.  I joined Gus Antorcha, President of Holland America Line, the Captain, Steve Macbeath and the head of the Port Authority to officially open the Koningsdam.  It was also great to see Seth Wayne again, Brand Ambassador for Holland America Line, he has done such an amazing job over the last 19 months keeping the Holland America Cruise family connected and energized...  Once I checked in and went through security, I entered the terminal area that was filled with Officers and Crew and the energy level was incredible….  They are so ready to get back in service and start doing what they do so well, providing amazing experiences sailing guests around the world… My excitement level was through the roof.  Spending 7-8 months at sea for so many years has become my normal lifestyle and I have missed it so much!  When I cut the ribbon, the place just erupted, everyone was so excited.  It will be a memory that I will always cherish.  Then it was time to go aboard and I loved being the first guest to board the Koningsdam…  I was home!  The rest of the day was a bit of a blur, going here and there, unpacking, visiting with old friends and discovering who was aboard.  I visited the Retreat where the Scott sisters and I have a Cabana for the next few months and saw me dear friend Manny Cabanela who will be taking care of us there.  The Mariner cocktail reception was nice, visited with old friends John & Diane.  The it was off to the sail away…  I am so excited to back in my element again…  Life is good!!!  Next stop Avalon, Catalina Island.    






















































3 comments:

  1. Hi Jeff, What a great beginning to your new adventure! You're so deserving of the Welcome and Ribbon Cutting honors. Enjoyed all the pictures of your departure and of Catalina. Sorry that rough seas were expected on your way to San Francisco. Enjoy yourself.
    BVH-Groton, Ct.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited to be following you on another adventure! This time, I am fortunate to be joining you for a week on the Kdam. I so look forward to your blog and the upcoming cruise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeff, what a deserving honor to cut the opening ribbon! I can feel your excitement after being grounded for so long. Enjoy, and we are all looking forward to your commentary.

    ReplyDelete