Tuesday, January 30, 2024

Rotterdam 2024, Willemstad, Curacao...

I decided against getting up early for the sail into Willemstad, needed the rest!   We docked at Mega Pier 2 with the Eurodam docked ahead of us. I got off the ship and headed for the Punda District for a walk about. My plan was for a quick trip, nice walk and a few photos along the way.  I walked through the RIF Fort and headed to the Queen Emma Bridge. It is impossible to resist the multiple photo opportunities when crossing the Queen Emma floating bridge with its great sights of the waterfront with its colorful Dutch colonial buildings, the Queen Juliana Bridge and Fort Amsterdam. After crossing the bridge, I went to Fort Amsterdam and walked along the sea wall to get a better vantage point for seeing our ship across the harbor. Unfortunately, the Eurodam was blocking the Rotterdam. Next, I followed the waterfront exploring the streets and alleyways looking for street art. Passing the market stalls, I crossed the bridge to the Scharloo district. This area has some nice street art and buildings that show beauty in their decay. I explored a bit further today and found myself in an area where I perhaps did not belong…common sense prevailed and I turned around and made my way back to safer territory. After touring this off the beaten path area, I returned to Punda, checked out some stores for tank tops, explored some more and headed back to the ship spending the afternoon in the sun. I was happy, I got in my 5 miles and 10,000 plus steps. It was a beautiful day in CuraƧao with a nice tropical breeze.























































































No comments:

Post a Comment