Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Rotterdam 2024, Georgetown, Grand Cayman

So, this morning we arrived at beautiful Grand Cayman under beautiful, sunny skies…  I decided a couple of days ago that I wasn’t going ashore today and with 3 ships in, that’s not a bad decision.  As I have mentioned before, I used to come and stay in Grand Cayman on vacations when I was still working… Twenty years ago! I loved it so much that my retirement plan was to spend winters on Seven Mile Beach in Grand Cayman.  The best laid plans were blown up by Hurricane Ivan that just ravaged Grand Cayman in 2004, the year I retired. Since that time, Grand Cayman hasn’t been at the top of my list anymore…  Maybe too many cruise ships!  I still like Grand Cayman but the island that existed before Hurricane Ivan no longer exists… Anyway, had a great day on the Rotterdam, Tonight will be a busy evening, cocktail party followed by dinner with Corina & Fred.  Tonight, we have the Orange Party and if that wasn’t enough, Island Magic takes the stage…  What an evening!!!













1 comment:

  1. Hey Jeff. I caught your story on The Insider, and I must say, you're living the lifestyle. I've experienced three cruises (Royal Caribbean) in my 71 years, the last one with my ex over twenty years ago. I must admit I miss cruising and would love to do it again. I just don't feel confident enough to do it solo like you as a woman. All my lady friends are married. Maybe one of these days I'll get up the nerve. Your blog is inspiring.

    ReplyDelete