Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Charlotte, Amalie, St Thomas, USVI

I was out very early to capture our sail into St. Thomas... This was not in my plan, just was having trouble sleeping so off I went!  I was very excited about getting together for lunch with my former Air Force Academy classmate Richard Shannon and his wife Peggy. Our friendship goes way back since we first met in basic training in 1967.  Today, I was going to wait until 10:00am to get off the ship to meet my friends at 11:00 but I was a bit anxious...  So, instead, at 9:00 I left the ship and walked to downtown to meet my friends for lunch. I do enjoy this walk to town meandering through the historical district where most of the island’s oldest buildings remain. My reunion with Rich and his wife was great, our friendship just picked up where it left off, not missing a beat.   It seemed like it was just a short time ago since we had seen each other even though it had been 30 years. It was really busy in town today with 5 ships in, so after saying our goodbyes, I headed back to the ship. What a very special day it was, special friends indeed!  Went out for a bit as we sailed away from Charlotte Amalie, it was a beautiful evening...  This evening, we are having dinner in the Tamarind with the Hotel General Manager, Rene and his wife Judy. Just a beautiful day in St. Thomas and without rain.







































































1 comment:

  1. What a great day! I love all the colorful spots in St Thomas!

    ReplyDelete