Sunday, January 22, 2023

Basseterre, Saint Kitts and Nevis...

Our arrival in St. Kitts was, once again, too early for sail in photos. We got off the ship following the announcement that the ship was cleared and made our way into town. Another busy day in port with three ships in. Basseterre, the capital of St. Kitts is a very walkable town. After walking to the Berkeley Monument Clock in the town traffic circle and again we, took a detour into the residential section of town, talking with a couple of locals. We walked up to St. George’s Anglican Church…Being a Sunday, the church was open and I was able to get a much closer vantage point for photos. We then swung around by the Wesley Methodist Church. At the city’s heart, we visited the Co-Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception Churches that overlooks Independence Square with its Italian-inspired fountain…reading the plaque in the park, I discovered that St. Kitts was named after St. Christopher. Saint Kitts and Nevis is officially the Federation of Saint Christopher and Nevis…  never knew that!  Returning to the port, we stopped in some shops before returning to the ship. This morning we had very strong winds which subsided and it was a great day in Retreat. Another great day in St. Kitts.

Note: Recently, I have been receiving anonymous sarcastic comments about some of my posts.  I have control over whether or not comments get posted. These will never be seen…  If you want your comments posted, don’t be shy and do it as an anonymous poster, have the courage to own it, identify yourself and I would gladly respond accordingly.




























































































5 comments:

  1. i dont know about the others - but my comments are not made for the public, they are intended for you. so i dont really care of you publish them or not......

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a shame trolls have nothing better to do than post snarky comments! I've enjoyed your blog posts for years and am appreciative of the time you put into it. I'm also a Retreat fan (always book one), so it's fun to read/see your day in port before you head up to the Retreat for the rest of the day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love the travels you take us on And I love your photos. Thank you Jeff! Fran.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am appalled that someone would take issue with any of your personal comments and reactions to places you have visited.. Keep on writing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you very much for the blog Jeff …. I know whenever I am feeling the blues of life I can turn to your page and your takes and pictures will bring me back to sunny days … shocked to read about the insensitive trolls …. Dean

    ReplyDelete