Friday, December 27, 2019

Volendam Holiday Voyage, Scarborough, Tobago, Part 1 of 2


I was out on the outside decks early this morning for my first time visit to Tobago….  It was an interesting approach to the island and very scenic.  Once docked, I was first off to have a wander about to see what Scarborough, Tobago had to offer.  I got out of the terminal and first turned left and walked across the bay along the Esplanade.  Upon my return, I headed to the Botanical Gardens and swerved off at the last minute and hiked up to Fort King George, quite a hike!  Really was helping me sweat out my cold.  Once on top, the views were great and exploring the Fort was nice.  Then I trekked back down to the city and headed toward the Botanical Gardens, passing some great street art along the way.  In the Botanical Gardens, I ran into the Scott sisters and we decided to take an island tour.  We hooked up with a guide, George and were off.  We left Scarborough and crossed through a dense tropical forest over steep hills to the Caribbean Sea side of the island via Mary’s Hill. Our first stop was Plymouth, the site of Fort James built in 1650 and the mystery tombstone. The Fort overlooked Great Courland Bay. Next, we traveled along the water passing Stone Haven Bay arriving at the village of Buccoo. We passed a number of lovely beaches and made a stop at Pigeon Point and Store Bay before returning to the Scarborough via the towns of Canaan and Lambau. The island has a multitude of secluded bays, stretches of white-sand beaches…..  It was a great day!!!!

















































No comments:

Post a Comment