Wednesday, December 4, 2019

Volendam Amazon Explorer, Alter do Chão, Brazil


Today I had the rare opportunity to visit a new port, Alter do Chão….  It has been referred to as the "Caribbean of the Amazon" because of its beautiful waters and white-sand beaches.  I went ashore on the first tender and began exploring….  I was first drawn to the beach areas which were lovely…  There was an area that looked like a sandbar with all the amenities for a relaxing day at the beach.  After strolling along the beaches, I continued my exploration of the town.  I didn’t extend my exploration too deep into the town since I had little information to go on.  Once I decided that it was time to head back to the ship, I hopped on a tender and spent the rest of the day poolside….  Later in the afternoon, we sailed off into the sunset. We are basically backtracking our way out of the Amazon, past Santarém, our first port of call...  Loving every day!!!!  






















































No comments:

Post a Comment