Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Volendam Amazon Explorer, George Town, Grand Cayman


Today we visited one of my favorite places, that is unless there are way too many cruise ships…   That was the case today in George Town, Grand Cayman where 5 large cruise ships came to town, just way too many people.  I remember years ago, before Hurricane Ivan in 2004 when Grand Cayman and 7 mile beach we just great!  I used to come here every year and stay.  After Ivan, they started bringing more and more ships in….  Not good!  Today, I got off first thing and decided to walk to the beach where I used to stay, a couple of miles along I had a blow out on one of my Teva sandals….  I turned around and headed back…  I stopped off to get a bucket of chicken at KFC for the Front Office and returned to the ship…  I spent the balance of the day poolside and loving it…




































2 comments:

  1. Jeff,

    Sorry to hear about the over crowding. It’s been one of our favorite places also, because of Seven Mile Beach and also the great snorkeling nearby. Maybe we will scout around somewhere else for a winter getaway. Thanks for the heads-up, and Happy Holidays!

    Bill and Carolyn
    North Carolina

    ReplyDelete