Saturday, December 14, 2019

Volendam Amazon Explorer, Willemstad, Curacao


I always love coming to Curacao….  Today was a special, first of all, we docked inside putting us in the best docking location plus, the Zuiderdam was in town as well.  I got up very early for the sail into Willemstad which was lovely….  Once we were docked, I left the ship and went off to take some photos of some of the street art.  They have some great stuff here….  Then, I headed over to the Mega Pier to visit the Zuiderdam….  It is such a treat to be able to see some very special people that I had the privilege of getting to know on my 8 ½ months on-board.  It was such a wonderful visit!  Also, I got to see the ship after her dry-dock which had just occurred…  It’s looking great!  Once I left, it was back to exploring the town for a while until I headed back to the ship.  it seems very strange to not be visiting Aart & Ellen but they are off getting ready to sail for 5 months on the Amsterdam...  Anyway, once on-board, I spent the rest of the afternoon poolside…  just a fabulous day!!!!  This evening we sat outside having drinks and enjoying seeing Willemstad at night.  The sail back out of the harbor was amazing….  It was a memorable day!!!!!





































































No comments:

Post a Comment