Thursday, December 26, 2019

Volendam Holiday Voyage, BridgeTown, Barbados


Today we visited beautiful Barbados, home to amazing beaches….  The first thing I noticed was a ship berthed across from us…  I looked up the Marella Celebration and discovered that is was originally built for Holland America Line.  It turns out that it was the Noordam, the first ship I ever sailed on back in November 1988.  That brought back a flood of great memories.  That voyage was a key element why I’m doing what I do today.  Memories…..  Unfortunately, today wasn’t my best, felt like crap for a cold.  I left the ship for a walk to the beaches.  It was a beautiful day, I walked 6 miles before returning to the ship.  The rest of the day was spent relaxing poolside….












































1 comment:

  1. sure looks like the 'Boat-Yard'.. been there mucho many times on HAL... Barbados-- a favorite also

    ReplyDelete