Saturday, December 7, 2019

Volendam Amazon Explorer, Icoaraci, Brazil


Today marks our final Brazilian port, Icoaraci, Brazil, gateway to Belém.  I have been here twice before and always went to Belém.  Today, I decided to explore what Icoaraci had to offer….  The tendering today was a challenge for the crew and guests.  The pier is a public pier with boats constantly coming and going, with no reserved space for Holland America.  This made the tendering take much longer than usual..  Fortunately, I was on the first tender.  Once ashore, I spent a couple of hours, walking 5 miles and got a pretty good look at the city.  The people were friendly, especially the woman that cautioned me that I was exploring an area that was a bit dangerous….  That seems to happen to me more frequent that is prudent.  I enjoyed exploring the city, had a great time!





















































































1 comment:

  1. Your street photography is great! Glad you are having an awesome time and thanks for the updates!

    ReplyDelete