Thursday, July 13, 2023

Qaqortoq Sail Away...

After a fabulous day in Qaqortoq, I got my blog posted and decided to take a nap…  I never take naps so this was going to be a real treat!  Then, Captain Friso came on the PA system and talked about our departure from Qaqortoq and our sailing to the next port, Nanortalik, Greenland.  Then he said we would see a lots of icebergs as we sailed out…  I was out of bed in two seconds, got geared up and headed out looking for ice…  I was not disappointed; the icebergs were plentiful.  It was a wonderful sail away and then something special happened…  A huge iceberg started swaying and before you know it, it was coming apart, rolling back and forth.  It was quite a show, I must have snapped 200 photos of the event.  Don’t worry, I only posted a small fraction of the total…  Cathy took a video of the event which was great! I could have continued taking photos for hours but after 1 ½ hours, we went in and I started a new blog for the sail away between bites of dinner…  What a great day!!!  Thank you, Captain Friso, for getting me up and out for a spectacular sail away….



























































































No comments:

Post a Comment