Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Oranjestad, Aruba...

We spent the morning in the Retreat even though the winds were very high.  Despite the winds, it was a beautiful warm sunny day. Early in the afternoon, we sailed into the Southern Caribbean Island of Aruba, and I was able to capture a number of photos along the way…. We three left the ship for a walk through the downtown area taking a few photos along the way and I visited my favorite park, Queen Wilhelmina Park where I found my iguanas waiting for me to photograph them. We stopped for some refreshments and continued along the back streets to do some shopping. Covid has taken its toll on the businesses in Oranjestad as many shops and restaurants have closed up. The entrance to the port has changed since my last visit in 2019 and is now routed through the craft and souvenir kiosks. It was a lovely day in the Netherland Antilles. We had a late evening departure from Aruba so there will be no sail-away for me. Excited to be in Curaçao tomorrow and we will meet our friends Ellen and Aart….  It’s been far too long since I last saw them…  Ann & Cathy will be picked up by Aart in the morning while I walk to their place using a circuitous route to snap photos along the way.  Very excited about tomorrow!!!














































































No comments:

Post a Comment